Surespan Structures has grown, over the past 18 years, from producing pre-cast concrete bridges and steel deck portable bridges primarily for the forestry industry to producing large precast and pre-stressed permanent bridges for diverse clients. Along with our various types of bridges, the company also produces architectural and structural concrete panels, earth and retaining walls, coping, road barriers and utility vaults. Surespan Structures also includes Surefloat, the only marine float manufacturer in the Northwest who manufactures in a CSA (Canadian Standards Association) and PCI/CPCI (Precast Concrete Institute) certified facility. Surespan Structures also provides installation and erection services.
Our steel shop is capable of producing in excess of 3000 TONNES of fabricated steel PER YEAR. In 2012, our concrete division manufactured 6,100 m3 of precast.
Interior Concrete Production Shop includes:
- Precast forming and casting area
- Prestress Box Girder Casting Bed complete with steam plant for vapour cure
- One 5 Ton overhead Gantry Crane
- Two 30 Ton overhead Gantry Cranes
- Steam Generator for vapour cure inside main shop.
Steel Fabrication Shop includes:
- Large interior steel fabrication area
- Two 16 Ton overhead Cranes
Exterior Concrete Production Area
- Double T Precast forming and casting area complete with vapor cure
- Highway Barrier casting and storage area
- 35 Ton overhead Gantry Crane
- Sandblast shop
- 80 Ton Straddle carrier allows flexible storage of large pieces throughout yard
Quality Assurance Department – CPCI & CSA Certified
- Test Cylinder Lab
3721 Drinkwater Rd